Wednesday, March 9, 2011

CEP 811 Reflection

Robert Wechsler, School desk, chrome rear view mirror, 2004

CEP 811 opened up my eyes to different aspects of teaching with technology. Incredible insights into effective teaching strategies were shared with us and gave me the ability to practice some of these in implementing technology with the teachers I support. The theories and guidelines that have made an impact in my approach to integration, have been with initially assessing what the needs, objectives and goals are of the lessons and outcomes for both the teachers and students. With the UDL guidelines, I learned how to open up the lesson plans to a wider audience, and in doing so providing students with different learning styles to take advantage of the content in a way that best fits them.
Along with UDL, web technologies have offered me a way to better evaluate what is best for different students and teachers. Having used the various platforms such as social networks, blogs, glogs, wikis and webquests, allows me to better suggest a platform for teachers depending on their content and overall style of teaching. Getting to know these platforms, along with the different teaching strategies, empowers me to know how it is best to deploy in a classroom depending on the class demographics. 
With these things in mind and newer knowledge about best practices and expectations, I have been equipped with more resources that have furthered my understanding about edtech strategies and tools than when I first began this course. As a main support for technology at the school I support, It has been very valuable to me to acquire to benefit both my students and teachers, and the overall improvement of the school's learning environment.
By taking these new methods and strategies, I would like to keep advancing my understanding of lesson design. I think I can improve as a resource for teachers if I have a better understanding of how they expect their lessons to unfold in their classrooms. I would like to plan some more time to meet with teachers and assess their current lessons and activities, to see how I could help improve them and learn from their experiences with successes and failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment